How Can We Help
When an injury or untimely death changes your life forever, you may have legal rights. You may be entitled to compensation for damages and losses caused by the injury. Unfortunately, navigating the legal system is complicated when coping with a death or with medical concerns.
You don’t have to go it alone. Let a Charleston injury lawyer help you. Call Howell & Christmas, LLC to find outkey information, including:
- Why do you need help after an injury?
- How can an injury attorney actually help you?
- How can you get started with your case?
Why Do You Need Help After an Injury or Death?
If you don’t get compensation when someone hurts you, you are going to be forced to pay for your bills. Medical treatment can be expensive, even with health insurance, and you could be out thousands of dollars. If your injuries are serious and you can’t work, you could also be left unable to support yourself.
Making an injury claim allows you to avoid financial ruin and have the money to care for yourself and get the best of medical care. To make an injury claim successfully, you need to act within the statute of limitations, file court paperwork, conduct an investigation, deal with an insurer and be prepared to prove your case. An injury attorney handles all this for you.
How Can an Injury Attorney Actually Help You?
Many injured victims wonder if an injury attorney can actually help — especially if an insurer is offering a settlement. The reality is, the services an attorney provides can help you to ensure you have the best chance of maximizing your compensation after the injury. An attorney can:
- Evaluate your case: You’ll get essential information about whether you have a claim, who is responsible for hurting you, and how much your case may be worth.
- Negotiate with insurers: Insurers are not always honest and often try to deny legitimate claims or pay out much less than is owed. You should have a professional negotiator working to get the insurer to give you what you deserve.
- Gather evidence: If your case goes to court, you have to prove your right to benefits. If you need to make a work injury claim, you have to prove your injury is work related. If you’re dealing with an insurer, you’ll need to prove the extent of your damages. An injury attorney can help you to gather all the evidence you need to make a strong case.
- Go to court on your behalf: Do you know how to interview witnesses and present evidence to a jury? Most people don’t — so you need a lawyer with courtroom experience who is ready to help you try to convince a jury to award you damages.
The stakes are high after an injury, especially as insurers have teams of professionals helping them to protect their finances. You don’t want your own finances to be destroyed — you should be fully compensated for both economic and non-financial loss so this doesn’t happen. Let a caring attorney help you to fight for the money you need.
How Can You Get Started?
To get started with your case after an injury, call Howell & Christmas, LLC as soon as possible to schedule your free consultation.