At Howell & Christmas, LLC, our attorneys WORK in all types of personal injury, workers’ compensation, and criminal defense cases. We are committed to working hard for you on your case. Our lawyers are dedicated to client service, and you can always count on being treated with respect, promptness, and responsiveness through every step of your case. No matter the size or type of your legal case, you will receive the attention, compassion, and care from our attorneys that you and your family deserve.
Personal Injury Law
When you or a loved one has suffered injuries in an automobile accident, a slip and fall accident on another’s property, or from using a defective product, we are here to help you through the stress, disbelief, confusion, and despair that often directly follow a serious accident. We can help you seek compensation for your losses, including medical expenses, lost wages, loss of future earning capacity, pain and suffering, and other damages. Our law firm offers you a free initial consultation.
Workers’ Compensation Law
Workplace accidents can be devastating; not only are you struggling to recover from serious injuries, but you also may be unsure about when you will be able to return to work, or if you will be able to return to work. This loss of income, when combined with substantial medical bills and the costs of rehabilitation, can be overwhelming for the accident victim and his or her family. Fortunately, the workers’ compensation program offers relief for those workers who are injured on the job. All too often, however, benefits are not processed in a timely manner, and workers do not get the immediate relief that they need. The attorneys of Howell & Christmas, LLC are experienced in handling workers’ compensation matters and have the knowledge to help you with your claim for medical benefits and compensation for being out of work and for your injuries.
Medical Malpractice Law
When you place your trust in a medical professional, it is devastating to find the doctor or care provider has harmed you. Misdiagnosis, delayed diagnosis, and botched treatments are among the different forms of medical negligence that can cost you your health or even cost your life. Doctors, hospitals, and other care providers all need to pay if they have failed to fulfill their obligations to provide a professional level of care. Medical malpractice tort cases allow victims to pursue a claim to recover monetary damages for all losses caused by medical mistakes, but these cases are some of the most complicated claims within the civil justice system. Howell & Christmas, LLC knows how to help clients obtain medical records, find expert witnesses, and prove their doctor or other healthcare professional hurt them. Whether we negotiate with a malpractice insurer to help you recover compensation out of court or we make your claim to a jury and explain your losses in layman’s terms, our experienced medical malpractice lawyers have the skills and abilities necessary to help you put together the strongest possible case. Give us a call now to learn about how we can help you to make a medical malpractice claim.
When you are accused of a crime, you may be confused and fearful about the charges against you and unsure of what steps to take next. A criminal conviction can have serious implications for your future, including your current job, your future employment opportunities, your ability to support your family, your driver’s license validity, and your freedom. Even for a first-time criminal offense, the penalties are potentially severe, depending on the nature of the crime charged. Therefore, you must act quickly to retain competent counsel so that you can begin the process of building a strong defense in your case. Our attorneys have represented countless clients in criminal cases, and are well-versed in defending clients against serious criminal charges.
For more detailed information about the specific practice areas that our law firm covers, please click on the links below
- Charleston Admiralty & Maritime Injury Lawyer
- Charleston Bicycle Accident Attorney
- Charleston Birth Injury Attorney
- Charleston Boat Accident Lawyer
- Charleston Brain and Head Injury Attorney
- Charleston Burn Injury Lawyer
- Charleston Car Accident Lawyer
- Charleston Child Injury and Death Attorneys
- Charleston Construction Accident Lawyers
- Charleston Defective Product Attorneys
- Charleston DePuy Hip Replacement Litigation Attorneys
- Charleston Dog Bite and Animal Attack Attorney
- Charleston Drug Injury and Death Lawyers
- Charleston DUI Accident Victim Lawyer
- Charleston Highway Defect Attorney
- Charleston Industrial Machine Accident Lawyer
- Charleston Medical Malpractice Attorney
- Charleston Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Lawyers
- Charleston Pedestrian Accident Attorney
- Charleston Premises Liability Attorney
- Charleston Sexual Abuse Attorney
- Charleston Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Charleston Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer
- Charleston Trucking (Semi Truck) Accident Attorney
- Charleston Vaginal Mesh Implant Litigation Lawyer
- Charleston Wrongful Death Lawyer
- South Carolina Trip and Fall Lawyers
- Defense Base Act
- Federal Longshore & Harbor Workers Accidents
- How Do I Get Medical Treatment After I’ve Been Injured on the Job?
- How Do I Know If I Am Entitled To Workers’ Compensation Benefits?
- How Do I Know If I Have a Valid Workers Compensation Case?
- How Long Will My Workers’ Compensation Case Take?
- Jones Act Seaman Injuries
- My Workers’ Compensation Claim Was Denied. What Do I Do?
- Railroad/FELA Accidents
- South Carolina Job Accidents
- What is a Workers’ Compensation Claim?
- Workers’ Compensation Benefit: Reimbursement for Mileage
- Workers’ Compensation: Cases of Paraplegia and Quadriplegia
- Workers’ Compensation: Out-of-Pocket Costs?
- You’ve Been Asked to Return to Work Before You Are Ready