Boeing South Carolina is a commercial airline assembly site in North Charleston – the company’s second 787 Dreamliner final assembly and delivery facility. In addition to finalizing assembly on massive airliners, this factory also builds, assembles, and installs sections of other large aircraft.
If you have suffered a workplace injury while working at the Boeing Factory, you may be entitled to compensation to cover your medical expenses, as well as lost wages. Contact an experienced lawyer who has been providing support and guidance to workers in every industry, in Charleston and the surrounding areas.
A professional injury lawyer is ready to help workers who have suffered a workplace injury while working at a Boeing plant recover the compensation they are entitled to.
Boeing Factory Injuries
Many people in Charleston and the surrounding communities were very excited when Boeing announced that it would be basing a large part of their manufacturing process in the region. The Boeing South Carolina plant has brought thousands of jobs to the area.
However, with the type of industry Boeing has brought to the region, injuries in the workplace will inevitably happen. Some of the common injuries workers experience include:
- Repetitive trauma injuries
- Brain, neck, and head injuries
- Shoulder, knee, and wrist injuries
- Arm injuries
- Leg injuries
While the South Carolina Boeing plant has been praised by the South Carolina Occupational Safety and Health Administration for workplace safety, accidents at any large facility can occur. Individuals who have been injured while working at the South Carolina Boeing factory should contact an experienced and dedicated Charleston Boeing factory injury lawyer today.
Workers’ Compensation Claims After Boeing Factory Injury
A majority of employers in South Carolina are required to provide their employees with workers’ compensation insurance, which is designed to help provide injured workers with financial compensation following an injury. It is important for employees to understand that under South Carolina’s workers’ compensation system, they are not required to prove fault for their injuries. This means that a worker does not need to prove that their employer caused or contributed to an injury.
Rather, in exchange for not having to prove fault in a workplace accident at the Charleston Boeing factory, workers are generally not permitted from filing individual lawsuits against their employer.
If you have been injured on the job, a Charleston Boeing factory injury lawyer may be able to help you recover the following benefits:
- Medical expenses – Under South Carolina’s workers’ compensation system, a worker who has been injured at the Charleston Boeing facility is entitled to receive coverage for all reasonable and related medical procedures.
- Lost wages and weekly disability payments – If a worker is unable to work because of their injury, they may be entitled to weekly compensation payments amounting to two-thirds of their average weekly wage for an extended period of time.
- Lump sum payments for permanent disabilities – In addition to receiving weekly payments for partial disabilities, in the event that someone is permanently disabled and unable to work, they may be entitled to a lump sum payment for their injuries.
- Death benefits – Sadly, it is a reality that working in a heavy industry job can result in serious and deadly accidents. In these tragic events, a worker’s family may be entitled to death benefits to help families deal with the loss of income and associated expenses.
- Funeral expenses – In the event that a worker has suffered a fatal injury, a family may be entitled to up to $2,500 in funeral expenses.
Workplace injuries at the Charleston Boeing factory may include slips, trips, falls, equipment injuries, repetitive stress and trauma injuries, or other injuries due to unsafe working conditions.
Contact a Charleston Boeing Factory Injury Attorney Today
If you have suffered a workplace injury while working at the South Carolina Boeing factory, contact a Charleston Boeing Factory injury lawyer.
The lawyer serves individuals in Charleston and the surrounding areas and is committed to helping injured workers recover their injuries by aggressively seeking workers’ compensation coverage for injured workers.