Suffering an injury or losing a family member due to an accident can cause financial and emotional devastation. Your life could be changed forever because a person or a company behaves carelessly or fails to live up to a legal obligation. Whether it is a nursing home that neglects patient care, a driver who causes a crash, or anyone else who negligently causes harm, those responsible are liable for losses.
An experienced Cross personal injury attorney can help injury victims get full and fair compensation for injuries. A knowledgeable lawyer will provide you with unrelenting legal advocacy.
Filing a Claim
If you were injured in or around Cross, a personal injury lawyer in Cross can assist you in:
- Determining who was to blame for causing your accident
- Identifying all possible defendants to pursue a claim against: For example, if you were injured by a truck driver’s negligence, you could sue the driver and the trucking company.
- Determining the appropriate court where you can file your claim: You could make a personal injury or a wrongful death claim in a state or a federal court depending upon the circumstances. The court must have jurisdiction.
- Negotiating a settlement with the insurance company: If you do not want your case to go to trial, you may be able to accept a settlement offer. Insurance companies may be willing to make an offer if they believe their insured was to blame.
- Investigating the cause of your accident and injuries: Victims have the burden of proving their injury claim. Howell & Christmas, LLC is able to have experts to testify on your behalf and we will obtain police reports and other evidence you may need to make a strong claim.
- Arguing your case to a jury: There are court rules that must be followed and you must present evidence in a way that convinces a jury that you deserve compensation. Our attorneys are members of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum because we have been able to recover millions in compensation for clients in injury and wrongful death cases.
You owe it to yourself to be represented by a compassionate and skilled Cross personal injury attorney after you have been hurt or you have lost a loved one.
Contact an Attorney
A personal injury attorney in Cross can provide you with a free case evaluation. Contact a Cross personal injury lawyer today to speak with a member of our legal team and to learn more about how we can assist you in pursuing monetary compensation for medical costs; lost income; pain and suffering; emotional distress; and other economic and non-financial damages your injury has caused.