A medical injury may occur during treatment in a hospital, a doctor’s office or a clinic and it may carry over into your personal life in Garden City. Serious medical injuries can result in paralysis, loss of a limb, limited mobility or damage to a vital organ, and tragically, death. If you decide to pursue damages for suffering and reduced quality of life, you will need to file a claim against the medical professional or facility that caused the injury. Before you take this major step, contact Howell & Christmas to speak to a malpractice attorney.
Our law firm handles Medical Malpractice claims and helps clients pursue the compensation needed to readjust their lives after a devastating event. At Christmas & Howell, we fight for the rights of clients in Garden City as well as throughout the state of South Carolina. Contact our Garden City medical malpractice lawyers to discuss your injury claim in a free consultation.
Benefit of an Attorney
Reality courtroom television programs are very popular and show people representing themselves as they seek redress for the wrong they claim has been done to them. After watching these shows, some viewers believe the legal system functions the same way as the television court shows and therefore, they feel empowered to argue their own cases in a real court of law.
If you or a loved one has been injured by a Garden City medical professional, it’s important to allow a legal professional to handle your case, rather than tackle complex matters on your own. Our medical malpractice attorneys can use their skills to:
- Advise you on the medical documents you will need to strengthen your case
- Provide medical experts and other witnesses to testify as to how a healthcare professional’s negligence violated the standard of care already established by the medical community.
- Clearly establish the connection between a healthcare provider’s negligence and a patient’s medical injury
- Counter the defense strategies and tactics presented by the defendants
- Determine the value of a case by evaluating all of the multiple losses suffered by their clients due to malpractice
- Negotiate a settlement in order to resolve the claim or be willing to take the case to trial.
Medical malpractice is a serious claim and therefore, attorneys also conduct research and investigations to prove that the results of a procedure would probably have been different had it not been for the medical injury caused by a healthcare provider or a hospital.
Medical malpractice cases are technical, complicated and time-consuming. Our attorneys are willing to help injured clients pursue the compensation that they are entitled to under South Carolina laws.
If you believe you have a claim and would like to have a free, no-obligation, legal consultation with an attorney at Howell & Christmas, contact our law firm today.