Suffering an injury can forever change the course of your life. The medical treatment costs for catastrophic injuries alone can total in the millions and your injuries may also impact your quality of life and make working impossible.
If someone else was responsible for injuring you, you may be entitled to compensation for your losses and damages. With more than 30 years’ experience, a personal injury attorney at Howell & Christmas, LLC can capably represent you and help you pursue a damage claim in Hollywood. Call today to schedule a free evaluation of your case and learn more about how our attorneys can guide you.
Legal Rights after Suffering an Injury
If you were the victim of carelessness or intentional wrongful acts, you may be entitled to compensation for:
- Medical treatment bills and expenses
- Loss of income and earning potential
- Pain and suffering compensation
- Emotional distress damages
Many injuries are permanent and you will have expenses for the rest of your life. For a person living with a spinal cord injury, for example, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention indicates that the lifetime cost may range from $500,000 to more than $3 million depending upon the severity of the injury that was sustained.
The laws require individuals, companies and even government agencies to pay for the full costs of losses over the course of your life if you are harmed because of wrongful or negligent actions. It is up to you to make a case and prove your right to compensation so you can get the money you need.
Howell & Christmas, LLC has represented many clients in different types of injury cases, including car accidents, slip-and-fall claims and work-injury cases. We know how much is at stake and will treat your case with the importance it deserves.
Working with an Attorney
An attorney can help you in many important ways after you are injured. At Howell & Christmas, LLC, we can help you:
- Determine who you have a legal claim against after an injury occurs. In some cases, there may be multiple parties responsible for causing you harm such as a doctor as well as the hospital where medical malpractice occurred.
- File a lawsuit for personal injury or wrongful death so you can go to court and ask a jury to award you damages for economic and non-financial loss.
- Negotiate on your behalf with an insurance company representing the person or entity responsible for injuring you to reach a settlement and avoid a trial.
- Gather evidence to prove your personal injury claim.
- Represent you in a courtroom, interviewing witnesses and presenting evidence to a jury.
To learn more about how we can represent you and to schedule a free evaluation of your case, contact us today. There is no obligation to retain our firm after the initial consultation.