Victims of motor vehicle collisions in Mount Pleasant can file a personal injury or wrongful death case to pursue compensation if another driver was responsible for the accident. South Carolina Title 15 Chapter 3 legislation stipulates that you have just three years to file an injury claim, so do not hesitate to get in touch with an attorney after an accident.
When looking for a legal advocate to represent you, it is crucial to select a law firm dedicated to serving auto accident victims in Mount Pleasant. Having a local lawyer who is familiar with the court system and who is well-known by insurance companies is invaluable throughout every stage of your auto accident case. Howell & Christmas is here to help, so call today to speak with a member of our legal team.
Proving Your Case
Car accident cases are resolved in one of two ways:
- Out-of-court settlement, which means you negotiate with the insurance company of the driver who caused the collision to obtain compensation. For a settlement to be possible, the insurer representing the responsible driver must accept that its policyholder is at fault for the accident and must make a reasonable offer that covers your losses. An attorney can assist you in determining the value of your claim and in negotiating a fair settlement with the insurer.
- Personal injury or wrongful death civil lawsuit, which means you must convince a jury that the defendant was negligent or failed to live up to a legal obligation in a way that caused you harm. Your attorney can help you file a lawsuit in the appropriate court, can investigate to gather evidence for your case, and can assist you in proving your claim to a jury.
Howell & Christmas knows the ins and outs of the court system in Mount Pleasant, SC and we are experienced litigators. Our attorneys are members of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum as well as the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum and our Avvo rating of Superb shows that we care about our clients and have the legal skills to help them. Our goal is always to get you the money you need to cover your car accident injuries and we will fight to minimize or eliminate financial loss from a collision.
Compensation for Motor Vehicle Accident Cases
After a collision, you should receive monetary payment for:
- Medical treatment expenditures to treat your car accident injuries: If your injuries are permanent, you should receive coverage for ongoing treatment costs.
- Lost income/wages: If your injuries impair your ability to earn a living, you should receive ongoing compensation for the reduction in earning potential.
- Pain and suffering and emotional distress: These types of compensatory damages can be more difficult to calculate but are essential to make you whole after your accident.
- Wrongful death compensation: Money is available for surviving family members of those killed in a collision.
While every case is different, Howell & Christmas has helped many clients in the Mount Pleasant area maximize their car accident compensation. Contact us today to speak with a member of our legal team and to learn more about how we can represent you.