All too often, accidents occur that are the result of another person, company, or government entity’s careless or negligent behavior. These accidents can cause serious injuries and even death to the parties involved. In cases like these, it is important for accident victims to hold accountable those responsible for their injuries. While the injuries that an individual has sustained in an accident cannot be undone, seeking justice for another’s careless and negligent behavior can go a long way toward righting the wrong that has occurred.
At Howell & Christmas, LLC, our personal injury lawyers are proud to protect the rights of accident victims on a daily basis. Don’t try to handle on your own what can quickly turn into a complex legal matter. Rather, contact an Orangeburg personal injury attorney and learn what you can do to hold negligent parties responsible for the accident that led to your injuries in Orangeburg.
Steps to Take Following an Accident
If you have been injured in an accident that you believe has been caused by the negligence of another, you should immediately document the incident and preserve any evidence that may be helpful later on in your personal injury case. Our Orangeburg personal injury lawyers strongly suggest that you take the following steps whenever an accident causing injuries has occurred:
- Write down a thorough description of your accident and everything that you can remember about the circumstances surrounding it, including the date, time, weather conditions, and the losses and injuries that you suffered as a result.
- Keep copies of all documents related to your accident and injuries, including medical bills, insurance documents, police reports, and witness statements.
- Talk to others who may have witnessed your accident, including passengers, other drivers, pedestrians, co-workers, or others who were at or near the scene of the accident.
- Refrain from making any statements to the other party’s insurance company.
- Contact an injury lawyer in Orangeburg immediately for help.
Benefits of Retaining An Attorney
Insurance companies often will try to quickly settle claims by offering you a sum of money on an immediate basis, while you are trying to recover from your injuries in the aftermath of your accident. Unfortunately, these insurance companies often will not offer you compensation that is fair or that adequately covers all of the losses that you have incurred. This is where having a knowledgeable Orangeburg personal injury attorney is so important. With someone on your side who is familiar with the local courts, who has years of experience in personal injury claims, and who knows how to successfully negotiate and deal with insurance companies, you will be free to focus on your own recovery, rather than handling the burden of pursuing compensation on your own.
Contacting Experienced Legal Representation
Do not delay in contacting an Orangeburg personal injury attorney for assistance when you or a loved one has been injured in an accident caused by another’s negligence in Orangeburg. There are time limits within which you must file your claim, and failure to do so can result in an inability to recover compensation for your losses. Contact Howell & Christmas, LLC today, and get the step-by-step guidance that you need to successfully navigate the legal maze.