Update: Scholarship winners for 2017 have been chosen.
The law offices of Howell & Christmas, a 10 out of 10 Avvo rated law firm is proud to have served the working men and women of South Carolina, with combined legal experience of over 30 years, in all types of accident and injury cases including car accidents, work accidents, and medical malpractice. We have provided over 17 years of pro-bono work in our communities and started the non-profit Low country Helmets for Kids whose mission is to give away free bicycle and skateboard helmets and help prevent childhood brain injuries from occurring. Now we are pleased to support the future lawyers of America with the Howell & Christmas, Visionary Scholarship; $1000 will be awarded to a high-achieving, bright student who intends to pursue a career in law.
Applicants will be judged on the content of their application, the essay they provide and on their academic merits.
Deadline for Applications:
December 31st, 2018
- Applicant must be either a current law student at an accredited law school within the United States or at an accredited undergraduate university planning to attend law school.
- Applicants must have a minimum 2.8 GPA.
- Applicants must submit an official copy of their transcript, application and essay to c/o Gary Christmas 250 Mathis Ferry Road Suite 102 Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina 29464
Please choose one of the three questions provided for your essay. Essays must be between 500 and 1000 words.
- Describe why we should, or should not, protect Americans’ rights to Trial by Jury in the United States.
- Address the impact of the United States Constitution on the everyday lives of Americans.
- Address whether we should, or should not, have capital punishment in the United States.
How to Apply
To apply for the Howell & Christmas Visionary Scholarship, please fill out our online application.